Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The amount of opportunities is overwhelming!

It has been exactly 9 days ago since I had my first flight in a light aircraft. The urge to go flying is driving me nuts! A lot has happened in the past 9 days. I have started to study my module and I must say it is very interesting! The history, their so called 'culture', the AF attitude... The more I study the more I feel that I belong there.

Yesterday I met a Pilot that lives in our town. He is called Nico Coetzee and is a retired SAAF Pilot and instructor. He has so many advice that he gives me and so many stories that makes me wish I could just leave school now and go fly. Unfortunately it is not possible as I need to have passed Matric if I want to be in the SAAF...

Nico also mentioned that he has a RV-7 in which he can take me for a flip every now and then! It's as if all of a sudden I just get so many opportunities... God is most definitely helping me to follow the plan He had from the start. My family and I will visit Nico tomorrow and then discuss a few things. I'm super excited!

Nico's RV-7


The RV-7 interior and flight instruments

I also spoke to Aristide and he said he could take me for a flip and then go around the Cape Point (If I'm lucky) Well see how that works out... Hopefully I get to see Cape Point and Hout Bay from 3000ft!

The only female Gripen pilot in the world is from South Africa. I spoke to her over Facebook and she also gave me some advice. She said that she can arrange a day-trip for me and my father to AFB Langebaanweg. Maybe I get to see the simulator and the Silver Falcons' aircraft! This should happen somewhere in early December. I'll make a blog entry about that day when I get there.

Our head boys' father is also a Pilot. He flies Cessna's in the Hermanus area for tourists to do whale watching. He said that I can borrow some of his books to do some more studying about aircraft. Anything that will build my knowledge about flying is very much appreciated.

Exams started a week ago and it is going very well. I have a positive feeling about all the papers I wrote so far especially maths. It started of very good and then when I got to Question 3, I didn't know what to do and stressed a little. I just went on with the other questions and came back to that one last and was then able to do it. Maths isn't that difficult... :D

That's about it for now... All this in just 9 days! Imagine what could happen in a year... I feel very privileged to have a supportive family and to get to know new Pilots on a weekly basis and I thank my Creator everyday for these opportunities. My dreams is becoming a reality and I WILL reach my goal! Thank you Papa.

...Jaco over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment