Monday, January 31, 2011

I need to fly...

Well, it has been about 2 months since I have flown. The need to fly is killing me. I sit at school, listening to the planes passing overhead and just wishing I could be in them. I just keep on telling myself: 'Only a few more years to go, Jaco!'

This last week I tried to solve my problem of not being able to fly... sort of. Since the SAAF recommends not to have a PPL or CPL, I will do a Paragliding License! Okay, I know it isn't really close to flying in a plane but I do get to view the earth from above, the one place in this world I long to be. I spoke to my brother and he said he will do it with me. There's only one problem though, training takes 15days and I don't have that much time whilst still at school so maybe I will do it next year.

 Beautifull Paragliding View

I also phoned Lt. Col. Jaco Labuschagne to chat about the day tour at AFB Langebaanweg. He wont be flying at Langebaanweg for the next three weeks so we have to reschedule for early March. The day tour is also going to have to be mid week, not over the weekend as I thought. That's not a problem though... School? or having a tour around a AFB? I think the answer is quite obvious...

If anyone knows of a pilot around the Hermanus area that is willing to give me a flip in one of their planes, please contact me? I am willing to pay for all the expenses. Thanks a lot in advance! (Holds thumbs for a reply...)

...Jaco over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment